Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Verse to Chew On

It seems like just a minute ago it was Thanksgiving...and now we have just 17 days until Christmas!  My how time flies when you are trying to keep up with life!

I knew that it had been a while since my last blog entry (at first my absence was purposeful...necessary to complete preparation for a speaking engagement that I had) but I had no idea that it had been well over two weeks!  Good grief...this is what happens when I get out of what little routine I have left these days! :)

If you think my absence from the blog world was bad, you should have seen my house before my whirlwind cleaning this morning (please don't look upstairs quite yet)!!  What a mess it was!...and when my environment is a mess then I feel cluttered.

Now that the lower portion of my home is tidy and the halls are somewhat decked for the season I have a sense of much needed calm and mental clarity...but unfortunately not much time for a decent post (my cupboards are about as bare as Old Mother Hubbard's).

I did want to take a quick minute to jot just a thought or two though and give you A Verse to Chew On.

So that in everything they may be an ornament...to the teaching...about God our Savior.
Titus 2:10 Amplified


A good word for this Holiday Season...don't ya think!?! :)

Girls when we are busy with the hustle and bustle of preparing our homes for this Christmas let us remember that our calling goes beyond the baking of the gingerbread men, the getting of gifts and the tinseling of the tree.  We are called to be an ornament.  Just like the ornaments we hang draw the attention to the trees we place in our homes so our lives, character and conduct should draw the attention of those around us to the true meaning of Christmas...which is Christ! 

Remember that the Christmas Tree in our homes would really mean nothing if we don't look ahead in historical time to the Tree at Calvary! Is that confusing...sound almost like an oxy-moron?  I mean look ahead from the Baby in a manger at Christmas to the Savior on the Cross at Easter...not trying to rush holidays like the Retailers...just trying to illustrate a point! :)

So as we clean our homes in preparation for the Holiday let us ask the Lord to give us a clean heart and pure mind...and as we decorate for the Season let us ask the Lord to use us as His ornament to draw people to Jesus and bless them as we celebrate His birthday!

Serving Him and you,
~Michelle...ApronGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment