Thursday, August 11, 2011

Let's Get Cookin'

Well after a long hiatus from ApronStrings Minstries and the Taste and See blog, I am happy to announce my return!

I have a metal sign that hangs in my office.  It says, "Life gets messy so wear your Apron".  So true!  My life has been a bit messy as of late...thus the hiatus.  My husband, now known as Mercedes Man, (more on that in an upcoming post), has gone through the medical ringer for the last 2 years.  I have been his primary care giver...messy, messy, messy!  Trying to keep up with all that entails, (think huge medical learning curve and a long time with very little sleep), plus  trying to keep up with two teen aged daughters left me with little to offer anywhere else!

I've missed blogging...I've missed more formal ministry settings, (a lot of ministry happens in the midst of medical situations...but I think you know what I mean), and I've missed connecting with you!

Things have stabilized, somewhat, with my husband, (although things are a little crazy with the girls - the 1st born is off to college in just a couple of weeks and the 'little one' is taking Driver's Ed - "How can this be, I am not yet ready!?!"), and I've felt the Lord nudging me to Get Cookin' with ApronStrings Ministries and Taste and See once again.

So...here goes!

Wondering what to expect?  Me too! =]  Well the plan on paper is for me to blog several times a week.  You can look for entries under...
     *A Verse to Chew on - my weekly devotional
     *Food 4 Thot - encouragement for those of us pursuing better body mgmt.
     *Mercedes Man - the story of my husband's medical challenges
     *Women's Ministry - speaking engagements and other ministries that I like
     *Living Life -  all the wonky things that my life consists of.

I hope that this will be a blessing to you!  I would love to hear from you so feel free to post comments. 

I'm going to Get Cookin' so together we can "Taste and See that the LORD is good" (Psalm 34:8)

~Michelle...ApronGirl

3 comments:

  1. Great to see the Lord leading you back to your ApronStrings Ministry! Blessings, Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see you writing again, Michelle. I'm anxious to see how the Lord will be using you in this new season. Love you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh...sitting at my desk with a cup of coffee and my Michelle...just like old times. :)

    Great blog, my dear friend.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete