Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Blogging has Begun...

Well, here it is...my introduction into the blog world. After some prompting from friends, I've decided to give it a shot.

I'm calling it Taste and See based on one of my favorite verses from the Bible - Psalm 34:8, "Taste and see that the Lord is good". I have and He is!

I am a stay at home mom of 2 great teenage girls, been married to my guy for almost 20 years and I get the priviledge of speaking at Christian women's events. From laundry to ministry, I have seen the Lord do some pretty amazing things.

Some days my life looks like an episode of I Love Lucy, other days my life looks on the surface a bit mundane and monotonus. What I've come to find out is that everyday is an adventure ready to be discovered.

I gave up on perfection a long time ago...I never hit that standard anyway...and I have opted for a life of passion. I am choosing to be passionately engaged every day. Some days are a bit messy and others are a hoot and a half, but no two are exactly the same.

Here, I will share what the Lord teaches me through His Word, others around me and life circumstances. I'm betting that my life looks a lot like yours and that you will find both hope and joy when taking a look into what goes on in my home.

One of my favorite things to do is to sit at my kitchen table with a cup of coffee and a friend and just chat. It's my desire that this feels just like that.

Join me as we taste and see...

4 comments:

  1. looks good so far so I invited the ladies from my Apronstrings nights to join us. I hope to be able to add to my profile at some point too.
    God so loves you Michelle

    Blinda...and yes I know it calls me dessy hritz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, dear cousin-friend! Welcome to the blog-world. Feel free to stop by mine anytime. Oh, and I will be in Idaho the 24(25?) - 31st. Will you be in town? I would love to come see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading ;-)
    God Bless, chele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle I just wanted to let you know just how wonderful God is and how he is working in my AS group. Last month I was very sick and unable to host and the Ladies fully understood. Well this month the church was doing the Seder dinner so my husband opened the door and Gloria brought her husband (Frank)as did Lindsey brought (Mark)Taryn brought a friend David. As I placing the tablecloth/a sheet that started me worrying. It needed ironed and I had no time as I walked into my spare room I found a cloth with crosshatch pattern on it. Michelle I tell you that was the exact size for the table and just touched the ground all around. Then as I was setting the plates- the ones I got and used for Christmas. I was sure I would have to mix in a few other plates to have a plate for everyone...I counted the table settings 4 times them looked up and said 'God?? when did I get 9 plates. I tell you I had the right number of dishes and silverware for everyone including Elijah.
    We did a pot luck we had chicken, salads, potatoes and green beans oh yes and just enough leftovers of the next day. I was wonderful and us ladies got to share our Apronstrings type experience with the guys.

    Thank you Michelle. Because I you I have these friends, We have the confidence to invite folks into our home, and we have the comfort to know God guilds us in all we say and do.

    Love Blinda and David

    ReplyDelete