Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I Love...

I love the smell of Autumn in the morning...even when it's 28 degrees and it makes my nose hurt!

I love going for coffee with my girls followed by a walk where fallen leaves crunch beneath our feet!

I love wooden clothes pins...not sure why but I do...besides hanging clothes they are great for keeping packages closed and cute in your pantry

I love this tea...especially on days like this...don't have to worry about the caffeine or extra calories that come from the half and half I take in my coffee. :)


I love going for coffee with my girls followed by a walk...yep, I know I already said that...but I really love that...and them...and there's two of them...so I think there should be two mentions of this.


And I love baking cookies...so I did...Old-Fashioned Iced Pumpkin Spice...and here's the recipe if you love baking too! :)

Old-Fashioned Iced Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees       Baked 15-20 minutes

Cookies

2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon  ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
(Icing recipe below)

In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients and stir with a whisk...set aside.
In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer...add pumpkin, eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy.
Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Drop by rounded tablespoons - smooth tops if needed.
Bake - Cool- Cover with Icing - Enjoy!

Icing
In a small bowl combine 2 cups sifted powered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk or (1/2 and 1/2), 1 tablespoon melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, sprinkle of nutmeg, sprinkle and a half of cinnamon. Blend until smooth.

I love all of these things...But I love the Lord the most...and thank Him for everything on my list!

Serving Him and you,
~Michelle...ApronGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment