Monday, March 19, 2012

A Verse to Chew On

This morning finds me a bit under the weather...and a bit behind on prep for my blog.  In God's good and gracious way He has provided us a Verse To Chew On in spite of my situation.  This verse came to my email in-box this morning as the header on a note from my dear friend Rebecca.



He personally carried our sins in His body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right.  By His wounds we are healed.
1 Peter 2:24 NLT

Given the fact that we are in the weeks preceding Easter I thought this would be just perfect for us to chew on!

As you spend time with this verse substitute the plural pronouns with singular personal pronouns...read it aloud that way.  Does this verse have a more intimate and profound effect on you by making that simple little change?

Think about how this verse affects who you are today...and who you will be in the tomorrows to come as you apply the truth of it to your life.

Now take this verse and turn it into a prayer of thanksgiving...for what Jesus chose to do on your behalf...for the grace of the Father...for the difference this truth has on your life.

A short blog entry I know...but I really don't thing I need to add anything to the magnitude of this scripture.

Stop by later this week for Life is Beautifully Messy - Part 2.

Serving Him and you,
~Michelle...ApronGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment