Monday, April 13, 2009

A Verse To Chew On - My Determined Purpose

(For my determined purpose is) that I may know Him - that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding (the wonders of His person) more strongly and more clearly. And that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection (which it exerts over believers); and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed (in spirit into His likeness even) to His death. Philippians 3:10 Amplified

Well, it looks like I've cut us a big slice to chew on this week, doesn't it!?! =] The Amplified version of the Bible is like that. It amplifies what is being said by giving us the fullness of the text from the original language.

In light of the fact that we celebrated the Resurrection of Jesus yesterday, I thought this verse was more than appropriate for this week. I'm in a time crunch this week, so I'm not going to expound on this verse - but, I don't really think it needs it anyway. I am going to ask you to think on a couple of questions as you meditate, or chew, on this verse this week...

1) Is it your determinded purpose to know Jesus more? If so, how can you become more intimately involved with Him? Will it require a lifestyle change to accomodate the time it neccessitates to get to know Him better?

2) The same power that resurrected Jesus from the grave lives inside of every believer through the person of the Holy Spirit...in what way do you desire it to transform you?

He is Risen! - yes risen indeed! That is the cry that went forth in many churches yesterday. How amazing to know that we can see the evidence of the Ressurection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, fleshed out in our own lives!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this scripture, Michelle! I love the version you used, too. It makes it more alive and so much more personal!

    ReplyDelete