Monday, April 20, 2009

A Verse to Chew On - What Are You Eating?

OK, it's almost noon here in Idaho on A Verse to Chew On day and I haven't had a minute to get with it. It's laundry day, as is every Monday, and I usually get this done between loads of laundry right after dropping my girls at their respective middle and high schools. However, today brought some other 'to-do's'...like a fridge on the blink, (I'll spare you the details of what I've been dealing with), and other chores that are usually allocated to other weekdays, (I had to double up today since I am prep-ing for a retreat that I will be speaking at and accompanying my husband to the hospital for some procedures later this week).

So, it looks like I'm just not going to be able to get it done...and I had a thought. Why don't you comment on the verse that you've been chewing on lately, or one of your favorite verses. I think this will be a lot of fun and frankly I could use the refreshing from you.

Please take a minute and share with my 10's of blog followers =], what the Lord has been speaking to you lately. I will be checking in between loads of laundry to post your comments.

**My friend Whitney sent me the following, via email, in response to this post. It's worth sharing with you all..."In his Easter message, Pastor Tri mentioned heirloom vs hybrid seeds which got me to thinking about a passage I had recently read in Judges 2 focusing on vs 10. 'After that whole generation had been gathered up to their fathers, another generation grew up who knew neither the Lord not what he had done for Israel.' This has led me to really pause and be deliberate. While a relationship with Christ is a personal decision (hybrid), we have a huge responsibility to deliberately invest ourselves in the younger generation teaching them the essence of our faith (heirloom). The question I've been pondering...Am I being a good steward of the faith that was invested in me?

2 comments:

  1. Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
    I already wrote about this on my blog, so I won't get into it here. I love that this verse tells us that we are to do what God says. Just do it! He will be with us wherever we go, whatever the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I'm going with John 13:6-9 today. I think I hung up my "I want to be a Mary and not a Martha" apron and put on the "Peter Wash and Loofa all of me, please" apron =]...mainly because Jesus tells Peter, "You don't know now what I'm doing. You will understand later". I like that last part, especially right now job hunting and knowing someday (maybe when we get to heaven) we'll understand all that we need to know. I hope alls well and back in synch at your home...and that your hubby's events go well! Praying for you all! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete