Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things!

Coming home after 5 days on the road with 2 bus loads of teenagers on Choir Tour I realized that there were a few creature comforts I missed while having the time of my life...

My electric toothbrush...


Coffee out of a real cup...


My favorite magazine...


Being able to grab a glass of water whenever I want one...



Being able to use...ahem...my very own facilities (I really don't like public restrooms & I made a promise to myself not to use the little room at the back of the bus - and I kept it)...


My own bed...This is not my bed (can't imagine my husband sleeping here) but isn't it cute!?!


Time and space to be quite before the Lord!...doesn't this look like the perfect spot?


Of course I missed my husband and oldest daughter like crazy!!! 


And my walking partner, Miss Charity Goodheart...look at that face! (Yes this is my dog...and messy house in the background)

But I was surprised at how I missed a few things that I mostly take for granted

How about you...

What are some of your favorite comforts that you miss when away from home?


Serving Him and you,
~Michelle...ApronGirl

2 comments:

  1. First, I loved looking at your favorite things. I was pretty amazed at that bedroom(!!!) -- whew! Good thing that's not your room. A little girly for David. We're about to leave for 12 days, so I too, am anticipating missing some of my favorite things: (1) my own bathroom; (2) leisurely quiet time in the morning; (3) my wonderful Tempurpedic bed; (4)... need I go on? There is no place like home. Glad you are there. Enjoy.

    PS Re: that perfect garden spot. Believe it or not, I actually had a set-up exactly like this... but it wasn't good. All those flowers drew bees, and I couldn't sit in the chair for more than a few minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) yes
    2)yes
    3-5) absolutely!
    6) I never understood the sofa/bench at the end of the bed. Who actually sits there? I'm sure it's an asthetic-thing, but for me it would become a dumping place for all clothes I'm not currently wearing. (I have a thing about putting clothes not-clean-but-not-dirty-enough-to-wash back in my drawer/closet.)
    7)that garden looks loverly...*sigh*
    8)I love that face!

    Okay, I miss: good coffee, my pillow, knowing where the bathroom is, and...my DVR :)

    ReplyDelete