Monday, April 2, 2012

A Verse to Chew On

Yesterday was Palm Sunday...which marks, for me, one of the most significant weeks in the calendar year.  This week is a time that I, as a Jesus girl, can take time to think about...really think about...all that the Lord went through, over 2000 years ago, on my account.



Sure, what Jesus endured on the Cross...and all that went with that (beatings, public humiliation)...was for everyone on the face of this planet...past, present and future...but it was for me...because of me.

I think it's important to take time this week and remember...prayerfully...praise-fully...all that the Lord suffered for MY sins.  It's so easy, in my human nature, to fast forward from Palm Sunday to the joy of Easter Morning...the celebration of the Resurrection and all the blessings afforded to me because of that.  But to truly appreciate the Victory I think contemplation of the Agony is required.

This week I will be making time and space to do just that.  Part of that process will be meditating on this Verse to Chew On...

For God made Christ, Who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
2 Corinthians 5:21 NLT

As I chew on this I will replace "our" & "we" with "my" & "I"...it's so much more personal that way, don't you think?

I will also take the time to reflect on how the truth of this makes me feel...contemplate how it should affect the way that I act.

I will ask the Lord to show me if there is any sin of mine that He died for that I am still holding onto...nursing...toying with.  And if there is something revealed to me (I'm almost postive, sadly, that there will be something), I will purpose to lay it at the foot of the Cross.

I will spend time thanking God for loving me so much, even in my flawed and sinful state, to offer up His very best...His VERY OWN...on my behalf.  I will take time to tell Jesus 'Thank You' for caring enough to withstand every lash of the whip...every mocking word...every rejection and betrayal...every nail...the crown of thorns...the pierced side...for me.  And I believe I will weep tears of sorrow, thanksgiving and  ultimately joy.

Will you join me?

Serving Him and you,
~Michelle...ApronGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment