Monday, April 16, 2012

A Verse to Chew On

I don't know about you, but I need some encouragement on Monday mornings from the Word!  Monday is laundry day at my house and the beginning of what often proves to be a busy and challenging week.  Thank goodness that even a little Word goes a long way in improving things!

Here is today's Verse to Chew On...

Wise words bring many benefits and hard work brings rewards!
Proverbs 12:14

Thanks Lord, I needed that!

I love that encouragement that comes from the reminder that if I chose my words carefully, whether in communication with my loved ones or in business types of conversations, there will be benefits!

And if I keep up with the hard work (domestic drudgery, exercise, studying, consistency in seeking Him) I will see rewards.

I just realized that applying this biblical reminder to my life is like applying the iron to my laundry...it takes care of the wrinkles in life  and I end up looking better :)



Not just physically better...but I will reflect Jesus more when my words are chose carefully and I am diligent in whatever 'task' I take on.

I want benefits and rewards like this...but I know me!  There are times when left to myself my tongue can get the better of me...and other times when complacency and lack of motivation can creep in. 

In order for me to display these wise words and hard work on a continuous basis I need HELP.  Thank GOD that He has provided the HELPER for us!

As we chew on the promise of this verse throughout our week, lets ask the Lord to fill us with the Power and Presence of His HOLY SPIRIT to iron out the wrinkles of our character and fill us to be more like Jesus!

Serving Him and you,
~Michelle...ApronGirl

2 comments:

  1. Good words, Michelle. I started reading through Luke this morning, and was reminded how much I love the story of John the Baptist. God called him to live at a higher standard than others because He had a higher calling for Him. I realized there are some "wrinkles" in my life that need ironing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca for the reminder of John! I too have 'wrinkles'! :( Thank God He is faithful in the ironing process.

    ReplyDelete