Thursday, April 12, 2012

Food 4 Thot

I just have to share something with you...I'm nice like that ;)...that I read in the book I Dare You to Change! by Bil Cornelius (Pastor of Bay Area Fellowship).

Here it is...

This reminds me of a story about a forty-year-old woman who gets hit by a bus, is rushed to the hospital, and dies on the operating table.  She meets God and He tells her, "Don't worry, your not going to die right now.  I still have a purpose for you, and I'm going to give you forty more years".  The next thing you know, she wakes up in the recovery room, thrilled to be alive.  Later she thinks, "If I have forty more years, I want to make sure I look GREAT."  So after she's healed from the bus accident, she immediately talks to a plastic surgeon and signs up for all kinds of work - a nip her, a tuck there.  Soon, she's reworked from head to toe.  After the surgery, she continues her makeover with a dark tan, a new hairstyle, and a whole new wardrobe.  Her makeover complete, she's walking across the street and-bam!-she gets hit by a bus again, but this time she really dies.  Now she's standing before God, angry, and she says, "God, what happened?  You told me I had forty more years!"  And God looks at her and says, "I'm sorry...I didn't recognize you."

This story cracks me up...and sobers me at the same time!

Isn't it human nature to want to look our best...and at times take drastic measures to meet the 'standards'? 

In relation to body image and weight issues sometimes it's so much easier...as hard as it can be...to exercise and restrict our diets than it is to do difficult, and yet lasting, internal work!

Bil Cornelius goes on to say in his book, "Real change is an inside job.  It starts with our attitude, our efforts, and our energy.  It takes intention and action on a daily basis"

So here is today's Food 4 Thot - In order to be a better steward of this body that God has given you what change needs to take place on the inside?

*Do you need to see your value beyond your external appearance?...God sees it!
*Do you need to develop self-control?...it is a fruit of the Spirit!
*Do you need to get past a fear of failure (or success)?...God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind!

Ask the Lord to reveal to you if there is internal work to be done in order to reap the benefits of physical health and well being.  Then ask Him to empower you with His Spirit to do the work and gain the tools necessary for real change to take place.

Serving Him and you,
~Michelle...ApronGirl






No comments:

Post a Comment