Monday, April 30, 2012

A Verse to Chew On

Good Monday morning to you!

Today I will keep our Verse to Chew On post short and sweet. :)

No eye has seen,
No ear has heard, and
No mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love Him.
I Corinthians 2:9 NLT

The passage of scripture that contains this verse is subtitled, in my ESV Bible, as Wisdom from the Spirit.

The wisdom spoken of here is an understanding of the significance of Christ's death...the message of the cross.  Who can really make sense of Jesus' substitution apart from the revelation of the Holy Spirit?!

The message of the cross goes beyond a change of ultimate destination for us and includes the work of salvation in the here and now as well!

If you are a Jesus follower the message goes like this...God created me...He paid the price for my sins through Jesus...I will live with Him forever...in addition - He has plans and purposes for me now that I can't see, hear or imagine!

Seeing, Hearing and Imagining are senses associated with our physical bodies and minds...these two facets of our being are completely limited by our human-ness.

This verse says that this God prepared stuff is for those who love Him.  Love is an action word!  It consists of, but is not limited to, seeking God through prayer and the Word, obeying Him and desiring to please Him about all else!

When we take action like this...love God in these ways...our spirit man which was recreated when we accepted Christ as Savior - sealed with and filled by the Holy Spirit, will receive wisdom that will guide us, lead us, mold us, reveal to us, empower us, provide for us to live out what God has prepared and provided for us through salvation this side of heaven!

That is something that I don't want to miss!  Often times my mind and my body are much more engaged than my spirit...and I believe this limits my ability to really hear from God and experience all that He has prepared for me.  I don't want to live with the regret of missing all that Jesus has afforded me.

So for a while I am 'fasting' some things that my body demands at times and some things that often occupy my soul (mind) in order to create more time and space for the Lord to speak to me and a deeper-sharper sense of my spirit who is in fellowship with the Holy Spirit so that I can hear from and be led by HIM!

As you chew on this verse during the week won't you ask the Lord 1) to reveal to you what He has prepared for you...2) if there is any 'fasting' that you need to do to be more sensitive to the voice of His Spirit?

Serving Him and you,
~Michelle...ApronGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment