Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Leaving On a Tour Bus...


Unlike the popular song of 1966 I am not "leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again"...



Nope...I'm leaving on a tour bus and I will be back late Sunday evening...

I get to go on the Rocky Mountain High School Varsity Choir Tour with my 16 year old daughter through Oregon and Washington!! :)



Random Thought:  Leaving on a Jet Plane was written by John Denver...who also wrote Rocky Mountain High (I hear this song in my head whenever I hear the name of my daughter's high school)...anybody old enough to remember John Denver?  I was just a baby when the Jet Plane song came out but I was a pre-teen when the anthem about Colorado was popular and my best friend from elementary school thought he was IT!  In fact I think this was the picture that she had on her closet door...I know, I know...but it was the '70's girls...look, he even signed it 'Peace, John Denver'...Enough of that...back to the story...



This is the first choir tour I will chaperon for Emily, (I was able to join my older daughter Jessica on two of the three trips she took), and I am looking forward to making some great memories with her and her choir co-horts.

Since I will be knee deep in high schooler's and maybe some rain puddles in Seattle, I will be taking a break from the blog until sometime next week...

I know that I'm being a bit vague about my return here...I'm thinking I might come home with a 'hang-over' of sorts...so many teenagers - so little sleep...but I will have some fun things up my sleeve when I return.

Like a guest post (including a much coveted recipe) from a dear friend and maybe even a give-away.

Looking forward to connecting again soon...

Serving Him and you...[and 2 bus loads of teenagers for the next several days :) ]
~Michelle...ApronGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment